Dates for your diary: part one.This year, alongside our usual, impromptu Doodled meetings, we are planning some fixed meetings too. Here are the dates for six evening meetings over the coming weeks. They all start at 6.30 pm. We will add the links asap and give map, parking details and any site info for each field meeting. I've done the Owston one already. Please post a comment if you need, or can offer, a lift to Owston.
- Owston Big Wood, Friday 17th May; map here and click on the compartments for site info; park on the road verge, SK778064 at the western end of this FFC site.
- Mountsorrel: Meadows and Mousetails, Tuesday, 21st May; park at SK 545 179. Coming from Loughborough:From the A6 just south of Loughborough, pass the crematorium / cemetery on your right and go over the railway bridge over the great central railway line, then turn right (west) on to the minor road and park on or close to the railway bridge. There is room for approx 6 cars in the parking area although the spaces may be taken by railway enthusiasts who film the steam trains from the bridge.Please feel free to indicate here http://www.doodle.com/38n6ebq64gfgbws6 if you would like to attend and to arrange lifts.
- Allexton, Friday, 7th June. Meeting 6.30pm by the church at Allexton, see map and please doodle here.
- Bagworth, Tuesday, 18th June, meeting at 6.30 at the car park at SK45800676. There is a website with more information about the site. Please doodle if you would like to come and to arrange lifts.
- Charity Fields, Desford, Tuesday, 25th June. Details here. And here is the doodle link.
- Great Bowden Borrowpit, Tuesday, 2nd July. The meeting point is at SP74158989 and marked on the map. Please doodle here. This is a SSSI with a tall fen vegetation on base-poor soil where we will see bog moss and cottongrass. Wellington boots are recomended.